The worst part of being human is that we tend to forget things especially in the midst of trying to get something done. I’ve had a couple of days like that this week where there was just so much going on I got lost.
I was lost mentally, spiritually, and I’m reasonably certain I was physically lost too at one point, but I was too busy to really take notice.
To recover I made a short list of things to remind myself and keep my bearings. These are constellations in the night sky. These are my compass points to give me my bearings when I get lost in the world. This is the wisdom of friends, family, and a newfound community from #31DBB. Special thanks and shout out to you folks!
And I figured if they work for me, they might work for you.
- Hurry up and slow down (Special thanks to Cowboy Ministries for this one)
- Some things are important, some things aren’t. Check your priorities
- You are worth it.
- Humans are social creatures (ie No man is an island)
- Always step up and always swing
- Don’t waste time feeling sorry for yourself. Mourn and grieve if necessary but don’t live in the emotional recovery room.
- No one can take your identity from you but yourself.
- Pray (Thanks to The Prayer Experiment)
- A righteous man will fall down seven times but get up eight…or nine…or ten…
- The key to writing is to write.
Any one have any others out there they’d like to share?
If you liked this post…